Rock N Roll Suicide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rock N Roll Suicide

For Fans of Rock Music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
kiss1
Stone Temple Addy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Empty
PostSubject: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:58 pm

WWE or TNA?
Back to top Go down
kiss1
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: wrestling   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:11 pm

I been watching wwe since it first started and i sometimes watch tna or ecw but my favorites are dx can't stand legacy or orton but of cheaters all the time>
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:21 am

Hehe I love DX too -points to avatar- but Im also a big fan of Triple H but I like Sting more I always tell my stepsons that if Sting and Triple H were to go one on one Id be routing for Sting

I like TNA because alot of the old WCW wrestlers are there, Nash, Scott Steiner, Sting, Booger T, err I mean Booker T, prob with WWE is its the same ole same ole though with DX back it does raise their stock a bit heh

Are you Ready??
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:02 am

I've been watching wrestling DVDs and it makes it so obvious how crappy the product is these days. I just finished watching a 3 disc Best Of Starrcade collection and now I'm watching a 2 disc set of The World's Best Cage Matches.

It was so much more fun when wrestlers had logical feuds that built over the weeks on TV and led to a final confrontation. These days, it's the same old crap feuds or 2 random guys just thrown together for no reason. The writing in WWE sucks. I really miss the old ECW days.
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Mungo City

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:11 am

NO
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 am

I use to be till Wwe got to be such a joke..same thing over and over!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Another problem with WWE is that they give some of these young guys a push that makes no sense, good example those 2 guys in Legacy Cody Rhodes and Dibiasi's son those are are not even in the same league as Triple H or HBK Id even dare put Randy Orton in the same boat as those two guys in Legacy.

Sad thing is, WWE owns all the WCW, ECW rights and stuff and that sucks
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Oh Ive been watching the "New and Improved DX" Dvd I love it!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:49 pm

I also recently watched the Mick Foley 2 disc set. Now that's entertainment. The one good thing about WWE owning all the WCW and ECW footage is that they can combine them all when putting out a DVD like this. In years past, they could've only shown Mick's WWE career.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:02 pm

yeah did you know that Foley is in TNA now?

I got to watch a match on Demand recently with Ric Flair and Arn Anderson vs Stunning Steve and one other wrestler I cant remember his name, Stunning Steve is better known as Stone Cold Steve Austin
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Yeah, he's on the Starrcade set wrestling with Flyin' Brian Pillman and they were known as The Hollywood Blondes.
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:23 pm

not since i was about 12 years old. but i use to love it! now it is about as sad as anything else they throw on the idiot box these days. you wonder why kids are growing up moronic ... i'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:47 am

I use to watch the local shows here in Dallas / Fort Worth every week
WWCW was a cool show as Kevin Von Erich has said it it too much like a cartoon now
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Thread necro alert.....

Yeah i'm a fan of pro wrestling. Used to be a HUGE fan in the 80's and 90's but not as much anymore. WWF has really gone downhill the last 8 years, but TNA is still decent. I was hoping they'd be able to compete on Monday nights but I think the 80's and 90's fans have mostly moved on never to return. I don't think we'll ever see it big like in the 80's when Hogan could pull a 15.0 rating on a Saturday night or a 10.6 buyrate, or even as big as 98/99 when one show could pull a 5.0 and the other could pull a 6.4.

Had someone stepped in when WCW was bought? Yeah. But almost a decade later? TNA should probably stay on Thursday nights.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:08 pm

I miss WCW, I know TNA has alot of my favs but man I cant take Ric Flair seriously he looks ridiculous

WWE is WAY too predictable
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:21 pm

I wonder what is going on with Bret Hart he said he was not going to be on wwe anymore for a while now
he is a champ..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Now he is the GM of Raw.

Still have to wonder what changed his mind after all the things he said about WWE.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Dunno, I didnt guess Bret Hart my guess was a bit more radical my guess was JR
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:27 am

Thank GOD your prediction was wrong Addy! I can't stand Ross. Well it went from annoyed by his poor commentator skills longing for Gordon Solie, Jesse, Gorilla, Heenan, hell even Mongo McMichael or Tony Schiavone, to no respect for the guy and can't stand him. Any man who goes on national TV to trash his "best friend"(The WWF Confidential episode after Austin quit) in order to further kiss his bosses ass is a dirtbag, IMO.

Yeah I miss WCW too, they were the best. Them and ECW. Well hell, even durting the cartoon era WCW's cartoonish characters were better. I've never really been a WWF/e fan, heh.

I dunno what's up with Bret other then McMahon did his voodoo again. It always amazes me how he can talk EVERYONE back into working for him. Even Ultimate Warrior is starting to kiss his arse for another payday. I think though he's mostly there to help out the Hart Dynasty mostly. The only problem is they're a defacto stable now without any other stables to feud against.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:10 am

Im just glad it was not Vicky Guerreuro , When I first started watching the WWE I couldnt predict what would happen I think this was near the end of the Attitude Era. Now though theyre way to predictable. Im amazed by Bret Hart too, but if the hatchet was buried between him and Vince then more power to him but I think your right bout him being there to help out the Hart Dynasty. Though they are setting up the Dynasty to feud with some "mysterious" team as they got attacked monday by a tag team I didnt reconize so we'll see what happens. I like Tag teams myself.

WCW was getting way to predictable too but i loved some of those wrestlers like the tag team Kronik, or how about the KISS inspired wrestler "The Demon"

If i could have picked the GM for Raw I would have chosen someone like Stone Cold or The Rock that would boost the ratings especially if it were the Rock whose not been in the ring for a dog's age
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:38 am

Stone Temple Addy wrote:
Dunno, I didnt guess Bret Hart my guess was a bit more radical my guess was JR

Same here!
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:37 pm

The problem with WCW towards the end was no continuity. Time Warner didn't want the promotion and everyone that was brought it was given what, a month or two? To get the ratings from 2.8's up to the 5's and 6's WWF was doing. That's impossible to do, you're not going to get 5,000,000+ more fans tuning in in a month. So you had that revolving door of guys in and out. It's unfortunate, I still think had they given it a shot and kept Bischoff or Russo around it would have turned around.

Back to WWE, you know who I always wanted to see them bring in as GM? That actually WOULD shock people and work(Sorry, Vicky Guerreo or Sgt. Slobber or whatever isn't a shock? Precious Paul Ellering. The guy could work a mic and IMO that would've worked great. I mean come on, who would expect Paul Ellering to show up as the GM?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:36 am

He's too busy mushing.
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Hahaha true, but I think money could have brought him back, plus it's a part time gig and not like ya can't just tape extra segments to mix in the show for when he's away. Oh well, was just a thought when they got rid of Heyman and then Bischoff a few years later.

Paul Ellering, Randy Savage, Superstar Graham, Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, J.J. Dillon, Ted Dibiase Sr, Roddy Piper, (heel) Vince Russo, ect all would/would've been cool GM's. The coolest one would be Rick Rude if he were still alive. He would have made an awsome GM.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:45 pm

I wish Heyman would get back in the booking business. The guy really knows how to write storylines. Terrible businessman but brilliant booker. Who else could have made something out of Spike Dudley?
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:24 am

I heard that man, i'm surprised TNA hasn't thrown him a huge contract yet. Actually if Hogan and Bischoff can't get things turned around quick enough I think they will go after Paul E. hard. I used to get ECW programming when I lived in the midwest and was fortunate to watch it almost from the start. The things he could get over? Incredible. Spike Dudley hell Mikey Whipwreck! The dude was a jobber and Heyman got him over.

I can't believe Vince missed the boat on that. He had the two best creative guys in the business on payroll and didn't tap into it. Insane. I think he'll be back and in TNA though.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:44 am

We'll see

I do like that contender system TNA is using makes sense to me

WWE had potential to be a mega entity at one point he had Bischoff and Haymen not to mention some awesome talent
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I saw a report that Skandor Akbar passed away he never worked for WWE but he trained a lot of wrestlers
and was big is in smaller company's like WCCW
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:50 am

I heard about that. Lance Cade also passed away recently.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:24 pm

it is stupid the way all these young guys are passing away so young I think they might be the result of drugs and not living right...
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Wow, sad day for wrestling today...

R.I.P. Luna Vachon
R.I.P. "Tough" Tony Borne
R.I.P. Former AJPW star and ORIGINAL Olympic Gold Medalist Anton Geesik.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:00 pm

I have nothing against younger talent getting pushes but they have to earn it, I am certain that Shaemus and those bozos in Nexus did nothing to really earn their pushes. I mean with NXT It was supposed to be 1 winner but yet you get all these ass clowns with wwe contracts

I mean WTF
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 pm

you got that right they are a bunch of Clowns...
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Stone Temple Addy wrote:
I have nothing against younger talent getting pushes but they have to earn it, I am certain that Shaemus and those bozos in Nexus did nothing to really earn their pushes. I mean with NXT It was supposed to be 1 winner but yet you get all these ass clowns with wwe contracts

I mean WTF

For the most part I agree. Unless it's an Ultimate Warrior or Bill Goldberg who is so over so quickly you have no choice. I will say in Sheamus case he paid his dues, I remember seeing clips of him online back in 2004 and he signed with McMahon in I think 2006 so he did spend years working his way up, though I agree on being champion. Honestly aside from politics I have no idea WHY he has a push, he can't work the mic to save his life! All I ever hear him saying is "blah blah I'M the WWE world champion", yeah no shit sherlock, the belt wasn't a big enough tip off for us.

I gotta say, TNA isn't any better anymore. I'm hoping this new upstart promotion I mentioned takes off, 'cause TNA needs to pull the plug. Dixie Carter is the biggest idiot i've ever seen. Check this one out, she decided to remake ECW One Night Stand and the InVasion angle. What's she do? Encourages the audience to chant "ECW, ECW." Ummm.... Your competitor owns that name Dixie. You're encouraging your fanbase to cheer for your competitor, dolt. Besides the fact the good ECW died a decade ago, all the stars are old and have been jobbed out in WW"e", they're not draws anymore. Like Paul E. said, you want me to run your company you gotta give me something better then 40 and 50 year olds. I agree, we need something fresh, new and exciting. Hulkamania stopped drawing in 1999, The Outsiders stopped drawing in 1997, ECW never was a big draw, Kurt Angle has never drawn a dime, Sting hasn't had drawing power in over a decade(don't get me wrong I love Hulk AND Sting, but they can't draw millions of fans in based off their name alone anymore), and a bunch of WW"e" castoffs? Won't draw.

Sorry, went off on a rant there but I used to be a BIG TNA fan. TNA was great and on the right track. When Hogan and Bischoff came in the hokey bullshit like a six sided ring and "WCW Worldwide" style arena went away and there were some badass angles going on, AJ Styles was getting a GOOD push, Abyss was getting a push and TNA stars were moving up the ladder. Mr. Kennedy came in and that was a smart move signing him, but then Dixie decides she wants to hire Heyman so she has ECW has beens pull an nWo invasion and beat the shit out of all of TNA's guys each week. Pisses me off. Not to mention ya flip on Raw 2 weeks prior and Raw has the same invasion angle going weeks earlier so it makes it look copycat. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:00 am

Spyder wrote:
Stone Temple Addy wrote:

I mean WTF

For the most part I agree. Unless it's an Ultimate Warrior or Bill Goldberg who is so over so quickly you have no choice. I will say in Sheamus case he paid his dues, I remember seeing clips of him online back in 2004 and he signed with McMahon in I think 2006 so he did spend years working his way up, though I agree on being champion. Honestly aside from politics I have no idea WHY he has a push, he can't work the mic to save his life! All I ever hear him saying is "blah blah I'M the WWE world champion", yeah no shit sherlock, the belt wasn't a big enough tip off for us.

Yeah but ive not seen one of those since Goldberg, so there I do agree with you there but most of the guys the wwe has been pushing are jokes.
Quote :

I gotta say, TNA isn't any better anymore. I'm hoping this new upstart promotion I mentioned takes off, 'cause TNA needs to pull the plug. Dixie Carter is the biggest idiot i've ever seen. Check this one out, she decided to remake ECW One Night Stand and the InVasion angle. What's she do? Encourages the audience to chant "ECW, ECW." Ummm.... Your competitor owns that name Dixie. You're encouraging your fanbase to cheer for your competitor, dolt. Besides the fact the good ECW died a decade ago, all the stars are old and have been jobbed out in WW"e", they're not draws anymore. Like Paul E. said, you want me to run your company you gotta give me something better then 40 and 50 year olds. I agree, we need something fresh, new and exciting. Hulkamania stopped drawing in 1999, The Outsiders stopped drawing in 1997, ECW never was a big draw, Kurt Angle has never drawn a dime, Sting hasn't had drawing power in over a decade(don't get me wrong I love Hulk AND Sting, but they can't draw millions of fans in based off their name alone anymore), and a bunch of WW"e" castoffs? Won't draw.

I love Sting always will no matter if face or heel, but TNA was one of those things where I should be into it given who is in TNA but I can't take it seriously, Ric Flair is pushing 70 and he thinks hes 21 again I havent been watching either TNA or WWE lately its boring to me
Quote :

Sorry, went off on a rant there but I used to be a BIG TNA fan. TNA was great and on the right track. When Hogan and Bischoff came in the hokey bullshit like a six sided ring and "WCW Worldwide" style arena went away and there were some badass angles going on, AJ Styles was getting a GOOD push, Abyss was getting a push and TNA stars were moving up the ladder. Mr. Kennedy came in and that was a smart move signing him, but then Dixie decides she wants to hire Heyman so she has ECW has beens pull an nWo invasion and beat the shit out of all of TNA's guys each week. Pisses me off. Not to mention ya flip on Raw 2 weeks prior and Raw has the same invasion angle going weeks earlier so it makes it look copycat. Heh.

No problem I mostly agree with you one big problem is you can tell most of these wrestlers are forcing the "Acting" part the ones with Acting skills or mike skills have already moved on eg: The Rock Though of those ECW guys I think Tommy Dreamer is the only real credible one. Dixie might run TNA but Its also Jeff Jarrett's baby too

Id like to see a wrestling fed where the wrestlers are top notch and can act and wrestle and come off as believeable, and not predictable, ya know the whole Undertaker thing with Kane accusing everybody of taking him out made me laugh, I knew from the start of the storyline it was Kane. I mean come on throw me for a loop
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:06 pm

I am not sure what Jeff Jarrett is doing now but I don't think he is running TNA anymore
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:15 pm

I dont think he is either but he is one of the founders of TNA that isnt made up right now he's kind of feuding with Nash and Sting
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:02 am

Stone Temple Addy wrote:

Yeah but ive not seen one of those since Goldberg, so there I do agree with you there but most of the guys the wwe has been pushing are jokes.

True enough. The saddest part is I can tune into WWE, scan whose wrestling and come up with a nice list of guys who could really make the shows great again. I'll start with Batista who has since left. We're talking about Goldberg well he COULD have been another huge draw like Goldberg when he first came in I believe. Currently on the roster? I'd say D.H. Smith, Morrison and R-Truth. Smith should be doing power moves like his dad and taking out all of the big wrestlers on there, and it's a travesty Morrison and Truth aren't Main Eventers. They're fresh, their gimmicks are cool, the fans dig them and they can put on exciting matches. Christian should also be a prominent fixture on Raw cutting interviews and wrestling EVERY WEEK. If anyone should be getting a huge push it is him.

Stone Temple Addy wrote:
I love Sting always will no matter if face or heel, but TNA was one of those things where I should be into it given who is in TNA but I can't take it seriously, Ric Flair is pushing 70 and he thinks hes 21 again I havent been watching either TNA or WWE lately its boring to me

I love Sting too. The Crow deal? Was great and cutting edge... In 1997. Now it's kind of a nostalgia deal which is cool, but several times now they've tried to put the whole company on his back and that doesn't work anymore. You can't ask retreads or in Stings case semi retired guys to carry your company. That isn't what we all want to see, we want to see an exciting fun product with young stars. Unfortunately for TNA they're still going the semi retired performer route.

Stone Temple Addy wrote:
No problem I mostly agree with you one big problem is you can tell most of these wrestlers are forcing the "Acting" part the ones with Acting skills or mike skills have already moved on eg: The Rock Though of those ECW guys I think Tommy Dreamer is the only real credible one. Dixie might run TNA but Its also Jeff Jarrett's baby too

Id like to see a wrestling fed where the wrestlers are top notch and can act and wrestle and come off as believeable, and not predictable, ya know the whole Undertaker thing with Kane accusing everybody of taking him out made me laugh, I knew from the start of the storyline it was Kane. I mean come on throw me for a loop

True but as Ricky said, Jarrett has basically been an on air performer only for the last two or three years. That's actually kind of the problem. He is by no means a creative guy but the whole TNA concept was his doing and what put TNA at #2 behind McMahon. Now that Dixie runs the whole show? One month Angle is running things, the next Kevin Nash, the next Jim Cornette or Russo or Hogan or Bischoff or now Tommy Dreamer. Which that honestly goes back since the time Panda bought TNA it's just gotten worse. They're trying to duplicate how WWF(1980's) and WCW(1995) attained success, only they think any former WWF/E performer will do. That would have worked 7 years ago when Austin and The Rock left, not so much now. Carter seems to miss the point WCW took off because Vince's two biggest babyfaces for years, Hogan and Savage, jumped ship. It would've worked had they forked out the 8 figures for Austin and The Rock to show up. Noone else though.

Anyways I agree, most of these guys these days can't act. They can't sell, either. When you see a dude shrug up his shoulders and close his eyes bracing for a chair shot it blows the spot. Ditto for all these kids making it obvious they're positioning themselves for the next spot. That's a pet peeve of mine, heh. It's fake, we all know this, but it's supposed to LOOK real.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:50 am

The best part of TNA for me is Jay Lethal. The guy's impersonations are spot on. I also like AJ Styles, whether he's a heel or a face. I like most of the X Division guys but TNA refuses to emphasize them even though that was what made TNA different in the beginning. I think it's a mistake to have Mr. Kennedy play a face; I think he's much better suited as a heel.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:26 am

I like Jay Lethal as well I saw some of his Ric Flair impressions and I almost pissed myself
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Stone Temple Addy wrote:
I like Jay Lethal as well I saw some of his Ric Flair impressions and I almost pissed myself

He does Flair, Savage and Hogan to perfection. What I like is that not only does he do the voices but he does the mannerisms as well.

Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:26 pm

I edited your post Toho so that the youtube link would show Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Yeah, why don't the [youtube] tags work here?
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:43 pm

they do, you had it closed on both ends
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:39 pm

Ooops.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 4:00 pm

Ric Flair was looking good there
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:44 pm

Heh it happens to the best of us Toho Smile

Jay Lethal's Ric Flair impression is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 pm

I just discovered that there's a whole series of Classic Memphis Wrestling DVDs. I was living near Memphis in the mid to late 80s and saw a lot of wrestlers who would go on to be famous. I just ordered the Jerry Lawler vs Andy Kauffman DVD. That feud was historic.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Yeah that one was....

Shame Andy Kaufman is dead

Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:53 pm

LOL Memphis Wrestling, that stuff was a trip. I don't remember the 1980's stuff all that well but I remember the early 90's SMW stuff. It was entertaining! I miss the entertainment aspects of wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?   Anys fans of Professional Wrestling? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anys fans of Professional Wrestling?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next