Rock N Roll Suicide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rock N Roll Suicide

For Fans of Rock Music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scott Weiland

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Anyone who knows me knows im a total fan of this dude

been on another Weiland kick as of late but i wanted to share a beautiful song he did its a Catholic Hymn but this song is so moving

Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 pm

i wish this guy was not so high profile cause i think i could definitely like him more than i do. there are just too many things marring my image of him to really enjoy what he does anymore (but that is my problem). that is not to say that i don't like him or what he does but i could just never see deifying him on any level. i wish (for artistic reasons) he would drop off the radar and throw together an independent album with no-name musicians and no corporate backing; letting the music stand on it's own. do a club tour of small venues with cheap ticket prices that is low profile and see who turns up to see it. i definitely think he is capable of it.

by the way ... cool adaptation of the hymn ... sounds almost like an english band doing an old traditional celtic tune ... nice vibe!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:51 pm

He did the song at his brother's funeral its one of my favorites from the double album

youre entitled to your opinion my suggestion would be to just close your eyes and listen to the music, Image aside I just personally dont get it but we're all different

I like Weiland like I like David Bowie and the Foo Fighters

He did a Christmas song too recently and it was very reminiscant of Sinatra or Bing Crosby doing Christmas music
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:05 pm

1984rocker wrote:
i wish this guy was not so high profile cause i think i could definitely like him more than i do. there are just too many things marring my image of him to really enjoy what he does anymore (but that is my problem). that is not to say that i don't like him or what he does but i could just never see deifying him on any level. i wish (for artistic reasons) he would drop off the radar and throw together an independent album with no-name musicians and no corporate backing; letting the music stand on it's own. do a club tour of small venues with cheap ticket prices that is low profile and see who turns up to see it. i definitely think he is capable of it.
In fact that is exactly what he did with his 1st album, 12 Bar Blues! You should check it out '84!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:06 pm

12 Bar Blues is a Killer CD its the album that really got me into Weilands music and Weiland contributed music (STP and Velvet Revolver)
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Alot of people still have not heard that album! Damn Shame! I guess there is something to be said about the coporate monster, at least Happy has been heard!!!

BTW, I LOVE the Hymn!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Yeah, I love 12 Bar Blues I bought a promo copy like 2 to 3 months before it was actually released it was instantly a favorite album for me, nothing like the STP stuff to me listening to it you can tell that he takes great care on the sound and harmonies and everything

Hes already talking about doing a 3rd solo album

Im still waiting for his autobiography to come out
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:32 pm

i feel like i offend you every time i post something that doesn't put a gloss on who we are talking about ... you're making me feel bad here!! Embarassed

don't get me wrong addy, i like the guy. when i was in high school i really dug STP and most things related. i am familiar with 12 bar blues as my brother use to listen to it quite frequently; maybe i should revisit it. all i was saying is that as an individual he really doesn't intrigue me all that much ... for whatever reason. i have talked about it here before and i still maintain that STP was one of the better live shows i have ever seen ... man oh man, did they ever blow the red hot chili peppers right off the stage that night, lol!!!! scott weiland, by the way, was one of the most memorable frontman i have ever seen. i don't want to give you the impression that i don't dig the guy or what he does ... he just doesn't "blow my mind".
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Im not offended man and i dont mean to make you feel bad, its not my intention its just whenever hes brought up anywhere people immediatly think of his drug use and STP and Velvet Revolver. Im just a total fanboy when it comes to Weiland

Id love to see him live and hopefully one day I will
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:46 pm

i hope you get to see him too ... i guarantee he will be what you expect him to be ... i know, i was pleasantly surprised myself! i saw them on the # 4 tour. if i am not mistaken they opened with crackerman. picture this: the band comes out playing the intro; weiland surfaces from the wings, shirtless, in cowboy boots and hat, sporting leather pants and a pink feather boa carrying a megaphone dancing around like some half crazed skeleton kook!! it was freakin' awesome!!
actually, i had tickets to see STP back in 1994 and gave them up to go to woodstock '94. while i don't regret the move, i was told by those who went that is was a great show!!

i know how ya feel ... like you're the only one who sees past the crap and drama and takes up the flag for the guy; like adopting a stray, defenseless animal and you don't want anyone messing with him. i, too, get kicked around for listening to a lot of bands nobody cares about anymore or never cared about in the first place, lol!! i have been to my fair share of shows that have had less than 50 people in the entire place; band and bar staff included!! it is kinda awkward when you are standing 5 feet from the group in an empty place. you kinda feel like you wanna make conversation with them between songs to keep them from getting bummed out, hahahha!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:46 pm

Dude I think that sums it up 210%

I love Crackerman that would be a kick ass show, though theyre gonna be touring again next year as their new album is due out next year right now its the #1 most awaited CD for me.

Funny thing is 1994/1995 I hated STP lol It wasnt until Purple that I started to like them and was fully hooked by Tiny Music Gifts From the Vatican Gift Shop

I remember when #4 came out i was working in a music store so naturally i bought it when it came out

The funny thing is until maybe a few months ago I never gave their first album the full spin, Now its heavily played in my car
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:39 pm

it is funny how things come around with time ... i still like purple quite a lot and i have always found tiny music ... a compelling album. to this day i still don't own core on cd. i think i still have it on cassette though, lol!!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:12 am

Purple is a great album funny thing is the songs on it that were singles are not my favs in fact i always skip past them lol , I think my favs on that album are Silvergun Superman, Lounge Fly, and one other i dont know the name but the chours goes "Sell me down the River"
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:25 pm

i do the exact same thing ... i like still remains, silver gun superman, army ants and kitchenware and candybars (aka~sell me down the river). i think i was just burnt out on this band during their heyday (that is my biggest peeve with radio; they kill good bands!). if you go by radio play, apparently, STP only have 4 songs worth playing. same goes for pretty much every other band to break big during that era (soundgarden, pearl jam, alice in chains, nirvana ... etc.).

time will be the biggest healer for guys our age to go back and enjoy the music of our adolescence ... till then, thanks for nothing to corporate radio!
Back to top Go down
manny
Paradise City

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Scott Weiland is a great performer, singer, and songwriter, but even I do not give his due, maybe it is because like 1984rocker states, because of his image.

But when I stop and listen to thoses STP CD's and the only Scott Weiland solo CD I own ( he has only released two of them correct?) I am floored how great he is.

I was not crazy about Velvet Revolver, I liked it but did not love it, but Stone Temple Pilots is a kick ass band and I am looking forward to the next STP album.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:31 pm

Yeah hes done 2 solo albums

I liked Velvet Revolver but the fact they havent done anything since they decided to sack him speaks volumes
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Popped in 12 bar blues in today Its such a great album....
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:21 am

I was talking to a "friend in the program" last weekend about extensive music collections like ours and how I would miss all my CDs and LPs if I were to replace them on Ipod and he showed me his Ipod with all the pics and liner notes for each album he had and guess what CD was currently spinning? 12 Bar Blues!!! I immedietley knew I could trust his musical tastes! Turns out he has a CD collection slightly larger than mine! We plan to get together sometime and talk and share tunes!!! He also has a Harley so I may have a new ridin' partner come warmer weather!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Invite him here Criss if you get the chance.

One thing I learned yesterday is that Dave Mustaine and Weiland use the same mgmt company and when Weiland launched his clothing line Mustaine was there. Apparently according to Mustaine they're friends and I was just like COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cuz I love mustaine too
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:50 am

There are rumors of a Scott Weiland LIVE album coming out soon!!!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 am

Not rumors its due out at the end of the month called "Live in LA" I believe, its live stuff from his 2 solo albums and I think an STP and VR tracks too, and one of them is a Jane's Addiction cover
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 am

Cool Beans!

He had better play Barbarella!!!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:02 am

1. "Paralysis"
2. "Killing Me Sweetly"
3. "Mockingbird Girl"
4. "Big Black Monster"
5. "Blind Confusion"
6. "Mountain Song"
7. "Do It For the Kids"
8. "Interstate Love Song"
9. "Missing Cleveland"
10. "Barbarella"

the track listing, notice one VR and one STP track, its funny Mockingbird Girl is on this he had a side band called Magnificant Bastards they never did an album but they did Mockingbird Girl for the Tank Girl Sndtrk hehe which I have
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 am

My only qualm is its only 10 tracks though reading about this on Wikipedia I wonder if this is a Best Buy exclusive?
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 am

From Blabbermouth.net

In other news, Weiland is scheduled to appear on Carlos Santana's forthcoming album, a collection of cover versions of iconic rock songs. Weiland will be featured on Santana's rendition of THE ROLLING STONES' "Can't You Hear Me Knocking".
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Is Mountain Song a Jane's Addiction cover?
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:26 am

yes
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:44 am

Cool!

I wish he did more from 12 Bar Blues though!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Yeah theres only 2 tracks from the first solo album when I first got it I played that thing for months and months at a time
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:19 am

My son just got it used for 3 bucks!!!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:27 am

what 12 bar blues? thats a gem of a price for one hell of an album heh
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 am

YEP! I saw it and just told him "Buy it now!" so he did!!!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 am

Heheh

One of the music places i went yesterday pissed me off, I was looking for Ace Frehley stuff and they had the Kiss Solo albums of Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons but not Ace I was so pissed hehe
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:25 pm

I guess he's doing a Christmas album due out sometime in November its supposed to be along the lines of the Christmas song he did last year. very traditional sounding, I so want this
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:26 pm

I will buy his Christmas CD as soon as it is released!!!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:48 pm

I think its the 23rd
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 pm

COOL! I hear he is doing a Raggae version of Little Drummer Boy! That should be interesting! I wonder if he'll do the Peace on Earth part from Bowie and Bing's version within the raggae style!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:04 am

Dunno but im lookin forward to it I think his live album comes out the same day
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Maybe Best Buy or Target will have some sort of 2fer Sale!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 pm

maybe, Im not 100% sure on the release date of the live album, the live album might be a best buy exclusive
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Have you heard him on the cover of the Stones Can't You Hear Me Knockin' with Santana? It Smokes!!!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:32 am

yup i looked it up on youtube it does sound sweet
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:23 am

75% of that Santana album kicks ass! It is well worth picking up!

And now back to Scott...
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:44 am

I think the live album comes out on the 22nd which is a tuesday maybe the christmas one a week later I dont know

I cant wait for either one
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Is the Live one a DVD as well?
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:12 am

Nope just a live CD with about 10 tracks the only noteable is theres a cover the mountain song
Back to top Go down
manny
Paradise City

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Scott Weiland has postponed his Christmas album – by a year!

The Stone Temple Pilots frontman was expected to release Most Wonderful Time Of The Year – a collection of traditional songs – next month, It will now come out at the end of 2011.

However, if you can’t wait to hear some festive Weiland cheer, his cover of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (put out last year) is still available through iTunes.

Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:22 am

That sucks!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:19 am

That FUCKING sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have that song on mp3 that he's already done

Sad
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Accordin to Amazon the live album comes out on Tuesday the 7th
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scott Weiland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland   Scott Weiland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Weiland
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock N Roll Suicide :: Music :: Rock City-
Jump to: