Rock N Roll Suicide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rock N Roll Suicide

For Fans of Rock Music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....

Go down 
+2
Eilene1015
Spyder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Empty
PostSubject: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Yet i'm sitting here unemployed.

Quote :
The unemployment rate fell to 8.9 percent in February, hitting the lowest point in nearly two years as employers started hiring at a faster pace.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that several industries, including the manufacturing and construction sectors, saw job gains last month. In all, the economy added 192,000 jobs last month, marking the fastest pace of growth in almost a year. By contrast, state and local governments wrestling with budget shortfalls slashed 30,000 jobs, the most since November.

The government's report Friday bolstered hopes that employers will shift into a more aggressive hiring mode and allow the economic recovery to get on firmer footing.

The unemployment rate has been falling for three months, down from 9.8 percent in November. The jobless rate is now at the lowest point since April 2009.

House Speaker John Boehner called the numbers "welcome news," though he noted that the jobless rate is still "far above where the Obama administration promised it would be" when it pitched the stimulus package to the American people.

The number of unemployed people dipped to 13.7 million, almost double the number before the recession.

But Boehner called the improvement "a credit to the hard work of the American people" and Congress' vote to stop a tax hike at the beginning of the year.

Here's where I come in.

Quote :
Still, private employers added 222,000 jobs last month, the most since April. That shows that companies are feeling more confident in the economy and about their own financial prospects. And it bolstered hopes that businesses will shift into a more aggressively hiring mode and boost the economic recovery.

When factoring in the number of part-time workers who would rather be working full time and those who have given up looking for work, the percentage of "underemployed" people dropped to 15.9 percent in February. That's the lowest in nearly two years.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/04/jobless-rate-dips-8-percent-lowest-nearly-years/

I'm just underemployed, i'm not UNemployed. However despite going to some sort of job I wasn't aware existed I had time to do the math. According to this Bureau January added 222,000 jobs. February added 192,000. Now I doublechecked with a calculator and that's 414,000 jobs added. Now pretending that there weren't jobs cut when in fact there were, that means we added 886,000 jobs in December when there was 15 million people laid off. Yet according to the same Bureau we officially added 152,000 jobs in December. See the discrepancies yet?

Anyways I brought it up because I notice all of the media outlets are running with a massive lie and reporting these numbers. I also brought it up to remind everyone that our economic situation hasn't improved my friends, so keep saving your money up and preparing for the worst. See their fuzzy numbers? They come about because when those of us unemployed don't qualify for unemployment or exhaust unemployment? We're counted as employed. That is also how they're counting all of these "jobs created."

P.S., this isn't intended as Political seeing as every possible side of every possible aisle involved in the system is condoning the act, going along with the numbers and has an agenda and it isn't some Political Philosophy behind it. It's about people living in poverty and barely surviving. We have tent cities popping up filled with middle class families who are now homeless popping up all over the state as the Bureau of Labor continues to propagate this lie that our economy is doing great.

Maybe y'all know some of those homeless people. If you're doing alright and can spare a few dollars to help feed one of these families locally please do so and please don't stick your nose up at them. What the media and sinister forces are claiming as true ISN'T true. I'm alright personally and pick up various odd jobs to keep food in my stomach and a roof over my head for now but i'm doing what I can to help others worse off as well.
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Mungo City

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Goverment number don't add up.Tell me its not so..LOL..Hoping 2011 is a better yr for all of us..
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:04 pm

FUCK THE GOVERNMENT!!!!

I am Addy and I approve this message!!!!
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Stone Temple Addy wrote:
FUCK THE GOVERNMENT!!!!

I am Addy and I approve this message!!!!

I'm Spyder Jonez and I cosign that message!

Unbelievable the shit sandwiches they try to feed people. What's worse is there ARE people believing it! I hear almost weekly from family members of mine, "why don't you have a job? The economy has improved and there's alot of work out there." Pfffffft, if there was I would be working, come on now. You know thissssssss, maaaaan. They need to do some math, i'm the guy that's worked 2 and 3 jobs for years at a time before and the guy who pulls 72 hour work weeks any chance he gets, if there was anything i'd be all over it folks come on now.

The sad thing? Around here there ARE jobs being advertised for but sadly I don't know WHAT they're for as 90% of 'em are in Spanish.
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:29 am

Well it looks like Gallup is once again the beacon of reality....

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146453/Gallup-Finds-Unemployment-Hitting-February.aspx

Quote :
PRINCETON, NJ -- Unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, hit 10.3% in February -- up from 9.8% at the end of January. The U.S. unemployment rate is now essentially the same as the 10.4% at the end of February 2010.

Quote :
Underemployment, a measure that combines part-time workers wanting full-time work with those who are unemployed, surged in February to 19.9%. This resulted from the combination of a sharp 0.5-point increase since the end of January in the percentage unemployed and a 0.5-point increase in the percentage working part time but wanting full-time work. Underemployment is now higher than it was at this point a year ago (19.7%).

Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:37 pm

things will not get better till we get a new president
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am

And even then itll be some time before things actually improve
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Stone Temple Addy wrote:
And even then itll be some time before things actually improve

A long time. Construction is our major industry left in America and everything else is heavily tied to it. There's not going to be much of that for a LONG time, look at all the empty buildings and houses out there. Americas going to have to put jobs back in those empty buildings before we can create any jobs. The other challenge is bringing back some industries. Hopefully people NOW see what i've said for years, strip malls with retail chains aren't viable industry nor a sound economic system.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:53 am

This indeed sucks!
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Mungo City

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:28 am

And till we stop buying foreign products and bring american products back...
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:30 am

Very true Eilene!
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Dark Side Of The Moon
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Or just be poor like me and live off deer meat , squirrel, coon ,and ramen noodles , scrap metal for help on the bills and woohoo your a typical west virginian .
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:26 pm

HAHA! Except for the ramen noodles that don't sound to bad! Can I sub pork n beans or kraft mac n cheese?
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Well I just heard from some people I know who were fortunate enough to still be receiving unemployment benefits. Since so many people have ran out of Tiers causing "unemployment to drop(Bullshit)" our wonderful Governor, the same decrepit piece of shit who ended organ transplants for Medicare and instituted a "no white males need apply" ban on state healthcare has decided to END the unemployment extensions in our state.

Nevermind that there's less work here than in 2009, the supposed worst part of the depression(fuck calling it a recession, excuse my french, we are in a 1935 style depression) in America, nevermind that all her bogus job creation bullshit has only resulted in illegals getting hired at these supposed new jobs, unemployment must end. I mean Soetoro and his room brightening smile is a hero now, he killed Bin Laden(for the 9th time in the last decade, I swear that sumbitch is Kenny from South Park, he dies at least once yearly), we gotta keep making him look good. What better way than to end unemployment benefits(Even though the news had to admit earlier this month that it has risen another 2%) and let the economic rebound lie continue?

Sorry folks, but it pisses me off and i'm noticing lately Republicans keep doing shit like the above which does nothing but help his reelection chances making me question the validity of there even being a minute difference between the two sides. Every since the Tea Party was hijacked it has been business as usual as people are delivered up to the Obamacare that isn't ending afterall and move after move to make the head assclown look good. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Believe me my brother cannot even get a job at McDonalds and i know cuz he's tried, Walmart wont even hire me

Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:50 am

Stone Temple Addy wrote:
Believe me my brother cannot even get a job at McDonalds and i know cuz he's tried, Walmart wont even hire me

I hear ya bro, I feel ya. I've applied at McDonalds(3 hours per day extreme part time), Kohl's, Denny's, Costo and Targets for part time openings and haven't received callbacks. Hell the Costco ad made the news here, in 8 hours they had like 30,000 applicants including Engineers, Nurses and Pilots applying.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:24 am

We are being killed by big government! Both sides are corrupt peices of shit they lean to far in one direction only for the good of their party as the people suffer! We need middle ground but both parties are hellbent on making sure it never happens, the one and only thing they unite on!

Political rant over!

Prayers for you Brother Spyder!!!
Back to top Go down
Stone Temple Addy
Alladin Sane
Stone Temple Addy

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:39 am

yeah plus being a guy is another strike against us Ive noticed women have no problems getting jobs
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Dark Side Of The Moon
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:53 am

If you want a job in America today you have to be a black woman who is a illigal alien and viola you have a job
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Mungo City

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Woman have trouble also getting job maybe not as bad as white men but if you are over 50 forget about it...Both parties are to blame for our state of the union...
Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:51 pm

criss3o wrote:
We are being killed by big government! Both sides are corrupt peices of shit they lean to far in one direction only for the good of their party as the people suffer! We need middle ground but both parties are hellbent on making sure it never happens, the one and only thing they unite on!

Political rant over!

Prayers for you Brother Spyder!!!

Thanks Criss, i'll make it. I ALWAYS do. Thankfully being an Ohio countryboy I am an adept at survivalism. I am fortunate in that I can grow my own food if ever needed, build my own home and live in the mountains. Hopefully it never comes to that but if it did i'd make it.

You nailed it on the both sides deal brother. I am starting to notice in all this leaning that they do the shape of a pyramid forms out of it, or in other words they both lean towards the same end goal, certain groups continue to prosper at the top while the bottom remains far apart from one another unable to go ANYWHERE! It just seems too convenient that no matter who is in office the actions taken benefit the very top, always and effects all the rest. Heh. I mean think about it, take the banks. Both sides have bailed out the biggest while absorbing their smaller competition into the Government. The large banks continue to win the game. Insurance? Obammycare? What exactly changed about it all? Those who couldn't afford healthcare before still can't and those that can now pay twice as much. Win for the Insurance industry. Now it's going to be a law you HAVE to either accept Gov't care that covers nothing or buy Insurance, win for the Insurers. States are ending state healthcare programs for the poor, forcing them to do without or....? Buy from an Insurance company! Win again for Insurers.

Small business? Still being regulated by both while large Corporations continue to relocate to China, or in the case of Intel are just importing Chinese labor. Win for Corporations, everytime. We've had another fake 1994 "Revolution" and in turn are losing our right to collective bargaining, win for Corporations. Anyone can say whatever they'd like about Unions, well you're about to experience life without 'em. I can tell you it WON'T be a walk in the park no longer having at the very least the RIGHT to organize one! Good luck trying to ever get a raise again! Oh but the new face is Pro-Union, right? WRONG! Look up the stories, GM, Dodge and Ford will ALL be foreign made 100% by 2015. No more UAW. The other Unionized corps WILL be following suit. Win/win for Big Business!

Not that it matters much, the new fulltime is 24-30 hours per week. Overtime means you get 31 hours 59 minutes worth of time. Can't go over 32 hours ya know, then they'll hafta offer you that evil old heathcare. Can't have that now can we? See above, we'll soon be unable to organize together to change that anymore. But those politicians sure are making out well, as are the top 1%, eh? Capitalist America? Bullshit! Socialist? Bullshit! Corporatist? Ding ding ding!

A friend of mine and I were talking yesterday about everything and the 1990's. Maybe it was just because I was an idealistic youth but didn't the 90's seem to be a more hope filled era? I mean... When I was in high school and they did that career stuff with the career councilors and their pie charts it just seemed like America was really headed for a new era. The internet and computers really started taking off creating a huge demand for people to learn that field(and make good money) and causing shortages, thus jobs and better pay in OTHER fields. It was like what DO you want to do? So many awesome options to choose from! Immigration wasn't an issue and going to be needed because everyone seemed like they were moving up the ladder to bigger and better things. Like I said, maybe I just idealized the situation based off the data presented. Then again in my families companies they were having a hard time getting employees to do hard physical work, guys were going back to school to snatch up I.T. or Engineering jobs so it was at the least SOMEWHAT happening.

(BTW I don't buy the Gov't conspiracy theory it was all a fake bubble that would have burst. Soon as the Feds started offering incentives to outsource and create a work scarcity is when everything crashed.)

I dunno, maybe it's just me but it certainly SEEMED like we were ushering in a new era that not even factory outsourcing or massive immigration could have stopped. Now China owns 90% of our industry and a $13/hr job pushing carts at Target is the new I.T. "career."

Back to top Go down
Spyder
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Eilene1015 wrote:
Woman have trouble also getting job maybe not as bad as white men but if you are over 50 forget about it...Both parties are to blame for our state of the union...

I'll have to refind the article but it basically broke down that anyone over 25, unless you're an illegal alien, homosexual, Black, Asian, other protected minority group or already employed you're not getting a job, period. It isn't happening. Employers can now usher in either a foreign workforce or a really young workforce with zero options. The rest are Federal Government positions and to be un-PC, the Affirmative Action for those appears to go for every white you hire you must then hire 300 nonwhites. Virtually every Gov't position created falls under the Affirmative Action hire guidelines. It's not politically correct to say so but it IS a sad fact.

I agree, white females are having a VERY rough go of it right now as well, no doubt. Thankfully though they have somewhat a voice in the anti discrimination laws and can SOMETIMES land work. White males? We may as well have "White males need not apply" signs in front of businesses these days. I've personally applied to over 35,000 jobs in the last two years, and that isn't an exaggeration, I lost count at that number! I've had one callback and that is with an impeccable resume` AND a friend letting me put on my resume` I have been working for him the last two years. The one callback was an advertisement for a warehouse nearby, $13.50 per hour and 50 hours per week. The Korean H.R. director offered me a job 100 miles away. ONE WAY. $7.50 per hour, 28-31 hours per week. It would have cost me my entire paycheck in gas each week to work there. The kicker? As I was waiting for my interview 15 latinos were hired for the nearby Warehouse and as I did the paperwork(I accepted as the job was at first 40 hours per week with overtime sometimes) another 5 were hired for the same listing that was "already filled."

Anyhow I tried reporting it to the Labor Board, they just said I had insufficient proof of discrimination and hung up the phone. The joys of being a young white male. If only I could somehow find one of those Native American grandmothers all the southerners seem to have and could prove it I could fudge the Affirmative Action paperwork and fall into a protected class, heh.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Unfortunately for us all I agree with your assessment, Spyder! Today I make $12.50 for the same work I did for $15.50 5 years ago! AND I had better benies, but at least I am working!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....   Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird, according to the Gov't and Media i'm employed....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock N Roll Suicide :: Main :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: