Rock N Roll Suicide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rock N Roll Suicide

For Fans of Rock Music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

i went to jethro tull lastnight...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

i went to jethro tull lastnight... Empty
PostSubject: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:07 am

and i ended up scoring a ticket for the 13th row for free!!! the show was absolutely fantastic and the band was tighter than their snare drum!!! a really pleasant surprise....ian anderson is a fantastic and entertaining front-man as well as a tremendous musician!! i am soooo glad i decided to go as i really had a great time!!!

next up on the bill: jeff beck!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:56 am

Tull are always a great show! Ian sometimes has problems with his voice but on those nights the musicianship more than makes up for it! Bassist/Multi-Instrumentalist Doane Parry is a show all unto himself and of course guitarist Martin Barre is amazing! Despite many peoples misconceptions Tull is not a One Man Band regardless of Ian Anderson's Other Worldly talents and presence!!!

Enjoy Jeff Beck! I am sooo jelious! I STILL have not seen my favorite guitarist Live! I did get his new CD used for $9 yesterday though!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:09 am

I would love to see Tull live.
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:53 am

tohostudios wrote:
I would love to see Tull live.
toho, you would have loved it...his voice was a bit "exaggerated" but it was unmistakeably ian anderson. criss hit it on the head with his breakdown...the musicianship was just fantastic so you weren't dwelling on his voice at all! believe me, if his voice was an annoyance i would definitely say so, lol!! billy gibbons' voice is far, far worse than ian anderson's if you want to make a comparison!!

both were great shows!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
Paradise City

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:52 am

I am huge Jethro Tull fan and never gotten a chance to see them live, the last few times they have come thru Tampa, Fl, the shows have sold out, which always surprises me, considering they get no media attention other classic rock bands do.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Jethro Tull have a underground following that rivals the Dead!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Mungo City
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:05 pm

criss3o wrote:

Except Tull are actually good. Razz
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
criss3o wrote:

roger that,lol!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 am

1984rocker wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
criss3o wrote:

roger that,lol!! Laughing

HAHA! I'm with you all on that one!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i went to jethro tull lastnight...   i went to jethro tull lastnight... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i went to jethro tull lastnight...
Page 1 of 1