Rock N Roll Suicide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rock N Roll Suicide

For Fans of Rock Music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

beck was beck...who else?!?!?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:11 am

man jeff beck was hot last-night!! my step dad was practically weeping at the concert!! i think i got more enjoyment out of his reaction to the show than to my own personal experience. he has been a big fan of beck going back to to very beginning (he is 61 so he has that vantage point, lol!) but has never managed to catch him live. last evening changed all that for him and he was ecstatic!! Very Happy i am still happy for him...it ended up being a fantastic father's day gift!!

i was looking for the setlist online but came up with nothing...it doesn't really matter because whatever he ends up putting his guitar to sounds fantastic!!
big block, cause we've ended as lovers, led boots, a day in the life, rollin' and tumblin' and people get ready are a few that i knew for sure...most of it i did not know. no matter, to hear that guitar live is what it is all about!!! Very Happy

a fantastic capper to a great weekend of live music that saw zz top, jethro tull and jeff beck in successive nights....awesome!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
Paradise City

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:46 am

I saw Jeff Beck live only once back in 1989, with SRV, and it was best concerts I have ever been too, the man is incredible
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:38 pm

I find myself in the same boat that your father-in-law had been in! As much as I LOVE Jeff Beck and consider him hands down the greatest guitarist ever, living or dead, I have never seen him...Yet! I do not give up hope!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time! Did the lovely Mrs. '84 go too or was it boy's night?

BTW, if you and or your father-in-law do not own the Live at Ronnie Scott's DVD get it ASAP!!!
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Quote :
BTW, if you and or your father-in-law do not own the Live at Ronnie Scott's DVD get it ASAP!!!
dude, he had that thing the day it came out, lol!!
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:27 am

HAHA! Cool! Me too!!!
Back to top Go down
kiss1
Spiders From Mars

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 am

I,ve seen beck on tvlive at ronnie's excellent
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:00 pm

'84, did he have any guest vocalists or was it all instrumental?
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:27 am

the bass player did the only vocal work of the evening...and that was relatively sparse. i had no complaints with that. unless he had someone decent with him i would just as soon see an all instrumental show.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:37 am

Yes, either way is OK with me! I really wanted to see him a few years back when he had Beth Hart on tour with him, but it did not come anywhere near me! Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beck was beck...who else?!?!?!   beck was beck...who else?!?!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beck was beck...who else?!?!?!
Page 1 of 1