Rock N Roll Suicide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rock N Roll Suicide

For Fans of Rock Music

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck Empty
PostSubject: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 am

Long overdue! Jeff is my all time favorite guitarist! There is nothing he cannot do with his instrument!!!

It is great to see Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page give him his due! They are his peers who had more sucsess yet know they are not worthy!!!

I can go on & on about Jeff but I will let you guys kick us off if you will!
Back to top Go down
1984rocker
Dark Side Of The Moon
1984rocker

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:59 am

ironically, i was just watching a fantastic new jeff beck dvd (performing this week ... live at ronnie scott's) on the weekend. my step father is a huge jeff beck fan and he and i go back and forth on all the great stuff he has done and how criminally underrated he is. true musical artists usually suffer that stigma and jeff beck is no exception. i saw him live back in 1999 at perhaps the finest live venue in all of detroit (the fox theatre) and i was absolutely floored by the sounds he can coax from that strat and the effortless virtuosity he displayed throughout that evening!
i have pretty much all his late 60's and 70's albums on vinyl and listen to them on a regular enough basis ... i think i still like blow by blow the best of the bunch but that is because it was my introduction to him when i was about 16 or 17 years of age. i even found an autographed copy of his album truth (another classic!) a couple years ago which i gave to my stepfather as a gift (he framed it and put it up in the living-room, lol!!)
as for the induction ... to me, it doesn't mean much. it is a popularity contest anymore and some of the garbage in the the hall of fame is just appalling. in my mind it will never hold any validity in regards to the quality of a musical artist ... just ask alice cooper ...

good topic criss ... jeff beck is a true diamond in the rough and music is better for having him!
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Alladin Sane
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:27 am

All very true 84!

Jeff needs more love people! C'Mon!!!
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Mungo City
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:57 am

Great music..too bad he does not work at music at much as he could ..he likes to work on cars
I understand..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck   Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jeff Beck
Page 1 of 1